At PacInfo, we offer Server Co-Location. Server Co-location is designed for the company that is capable of managing a web server but does not have the physical space or financial resources to do so in house. We offer a roomy, clean environment for your server and adequate bandwidth access. You save money on communication charges, you save the space in your office and you have the team at PacInfo behind you.
For more information about this service, contact PacInfo at 541-344-5006.
Colocation at our facility allows you to place your server machine in our server rack and share our bandwidth as your own. It generally costs more than standard Web hosting, but less than a comparable amount of bandwidth into your place of business. Once you have a machine set up, you take it physically to our colocation and install it in our rack or you rent a server machine from us. We can then provide IP addresses, bandwidth, and power to your server. Once it's up and running, you access it much like you would access a Web site on a hosting provider. The difference is you lease or own the server hardware.
- One of the biggest advantages of colocation is the cost for bandwidth. For example, a low cost limited bandwidth business grade DSL line generally costs around $75 to $200, but for the same price or less a single server can be placed in a colocation facility that provides higher bandwidth speeds and better redundancy for the network connections. These savings can be even greater if the only dedicated network access is a more expensive full or fractional T1 lines.
- PacInfo probably has better power protection. During a power outages or severe storms, your office could be without power for several days. We have a backup power supply system, to help keep you up and running.
- When you own the server; if you decide that the machine is too slow or doesn't have enough memory, you can simply upgrade the server. You can run any operating system or application software you want, and you can maintain tighter security on your own server than you can on a shared web server.
- If you move, you can leave the server up and running the entire time. When you host your own domains you have to either pay for two lines for some time, to move the domains to the new location, or deal with outages while the servers are moved to the new location.
- PacInfo provides a secure environment for your server, including combination locks, and security cameras.
- PacInfo can manage and maintain your server if you don't have the in-house expertise to do so for an extra cost.
If the server is needed to be more robust or more secure than what is provided by standard Web hosting, colocation is often times the best next option. It is also a very good option for small businesses that want to have a fairly large Web presence but don't want to have to deal with a large amount items such as network connections.
Interested in Colocation contact PacInfo
at 541.344.5006 now and we can get you started.
A colocation service is your hardware on our site; we can not waranty your equipment in the case of a failure.