How it works
You don’t have to be technical to understand the benefits of the PacInfo Datavault service. Our service runs in the background, your data is protected, we look after you, and you don’t have to worry about a thing! You get complete peace of mind.
If you do want to know exactly how our state of the art software works to backup your valuable data, the description below should give you a basic understanding of the process. For more detailed technical information, please feel free to call us or look at the datasheets below!
- When your scheduled automated data backup begins, data is transferred within your own client network to the software-installed computer.
- When the data reaches the software-installed computer, it is compressed and encrypted.
- This encrypted data is then transported offsite via a dedicated Internet connection to PacInfo's secure data center where it will remain encrypted at all times.
- Your encrypted data is held offsite in disk form so it can be restored quickly and easily. This ensures that your data can be restored quickly in any type of emergency.
is the specific software we are using for our service. We have compared many backup solutions and found that this one enables us to take care of the widest range of clients from very small to very large. Also, it is complient with the regulations concerning safeguarding data when it is not in your custody.
The company has been making backup software to enable offsite backups for 23 years, going back to times when a modem connection was all that was available. That means the software is very efficient in compressing and reducing the size of the data that needs to be transmitted over the Internet. As long as a business has a reasonably fast Internet connection for their network, they are a good candidate to run this backup.
- Software Overview: High level overview of the company, software and it’s data protection methodologies.
- Asigra Advantage: This document provides readers with many of the technical reasons why Asigra Hybrid Cloud Backup™ and Recovery Software is the best product for the most companies.
- Compliance: Asigra takes care of most compliance issues. Read this to see how.
- Virtualization Support: See how Asigra takes care of backing up virtualized servers.